Costa Rica - Tamarindo
A two-part, one hour workshop with ages 6 - 11 and 12 - 17 at Journey Tamarindo, a private project-based learning school. An age-appropriate exploration into positive psychology, mindfulness, and meditation, where each group focused on:
- What is mindfulness? - "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."
- Mind full vs mindfull - meditation exercise.
- How past and future thoughts influence our present.
- Understanding the senses through awareness exercise.
- Reacting vs responding - observation exercise - "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you respond."
- How we can use perspective to empower us - "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
- Suggested guideline for ongoing practice - "Consistent action creates consistent results."