New York - East Hampton
A two-hour workshop co-teaching positive psychology, mindfulness, and meditation to eighty 5th and 6th graders at East Hampton Primary School, New York.
- Dynamic breathwork exercise
- Exploration of comfort zones and how we can "stretch not snap" for optimal growth.
- Identifying personal character strengths
- What is mindfulness? - "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."
- The negativity bias - how evolution has influenced our minds to be negative.
- How we can change our brain through meditation and a gratitude practice.
- "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - how we can use perspective to empower us.
- Guided meditation practice.
- Suggested guideline for ongoing practice - "Consistent action creates consistent results."